Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sheep Shearing Day

BEFORE
DURING
SO much fleece...wheres the sheep
ALL NAKED

I had a blast at Wendys today. The shearer was amazing. I told him I was getting ready to shear my goats in the coming weeks and needed some expert advice. While he sheared Wendys he gave me tips on how to do the goats. When he was almost done he said if I ran home real quick and grabbed a few he would give me a quick lesson. My pretty Zia was first in line. While her fleece was not as long as I would have liked I felt like I got a really good overview on how to do a better job.

I sheared Pearl and Rasta last year and didnt get it as close as I would have liked Now Im armed with better tools and the knowledge to do a more professional job. Thanks goes to Wendy and Jake , and of course Pat the Shearer. All in all it was a fun day.




No comments: